The Embassy would like to notify the travelers/foreign nationals travelling to Nepal as follows:
- Mulling over the global pandemic of COVID-19, all the passengers from the United Kingdom as first port of call or transits are restricted to enter Nepal until further notice.
- Only Nepali and Indian nationals, third country nationals holding valid/entry permit for Nepal can travel to Nepal under the air travel bubble flights arrangement between Nepal and India.
- All the travelers must hold a COVID-19 Negative Report (RT-PCR/Gene Xpert/True NAAT or equivalent obtained within 72 hours prior to their departure from first port of call bound to Nepal but children below 5 years are exempted of such report under the air travel bubble flights arrangement between Nepal and India.
- It is mandatory for all the passengers to fill up the International Traveller Online Form before travelling to Nepal under the air travel bubble flights arrangement between Nepal and India.. For the said online form, follow the link: https://ccmc.gov.np/
- Foreigners working in the diplomatic missions in Nepal, International organizations and their family members, non-residential Nepali (NRNs) or people of Nepali origin holding foreign passports holders and their family members are allowed to enter Nepal without a pre-approval letter or recommendation letter.
- All the foreigners except mentioned above, should obtain a tourist entry visa from the Nepali diplomatic mission abroad, or should have a pre-approval/recommendation letter from the concerned ministries for ensuring visa-on arrival.
- The entry/exit points at the land border remains closed for all the foreigners until further notice, except those with a pre-approval/recommendation letter of the Government of Nepal. For more details regarding the information from S.N. 5 to 7, follow the link: https://www.immigration.gov.np/post/notice-regarding-arrival-of-foreigners
- All the individuals intending to travel to Nepal need to submit online application for the visa in the portal of the Department of Nepal Immigration.
- For online application from Nepali Missions abroad, please go through the following link:https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/onlinevisa-mission/application
- For online application before arriving in Nepal from Nepal Immigration, please go through the following link: https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/online and online application after arriving in Nepal from Nepal Immigration, please go through the following link: https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/ and apply at the Visa-On Arrival section.
- The printed copy of the visa form generated online need to be submitted at the Embassy along with the hard copy of the passport and its photocopy, visa copy of India/copy of the relevant document.
- The required fee should be paid in local currency at the Embassy.
- After following the due procedures, the Embassy will issue the appropriate visa to the applicant. For tracking the status of the visa application, follow the link: https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/visa-application-track
- Please go through the following link for more information on Nepali tourist visa: https://in.nepalembassy.gov.np/visa/
- Please go through the following link for further information on Nepali immigration: https://www.immigration.gov.np/
- For any queries on the issues related to Nepali visa, please kindly contact the Consular Section of the Embassy at phone no. 01123476212/232/221.