- Which documents are required to get NOC for the transportation to Nepal of the mortal remains of Nepali national deceased in India?
- Copy of death certificate
- Copy of police report/police clearance document
- Copy of citizenship certificate or passport of the deceased
- Copy of citizenship certificate or passport of the next of kin who accompany the dead body
- An application for NOC by the next of kin responsible for transportation of the mortal remains addressed to the Embassy.
2. Which documents are required to get NOC for Nepali national married with Indian national for the purpose of marriage registration in India?
- Certificate of unmarried status attested by the Department of Consular Services of Nepal
- Parent’s acceptance/approval paper
- Copies of citizenship certificates/passports of both parents
- Copy of passport or citizenship certificate of both bride and bridegroom
- A photograph taken at the time of marriage ceremony
- Physical presence of both bride and bridegroom at the Embassy.
- An application requesting for NOC
- Required fee
3. Which documents are required to get one-way travel document for Nepali national to return to Nepal?
- Copies of passport or Nepali citizenship certificate
- Two passport size photographs
- An application for one-way travel document addressed to the Embassy specifying the reasons of not having passport or Nepali citizenship certificate
4. What procedures should be followed to get marriage certificate/police report/birth certificate/health certificate/academic certificate attested/apostilled from the Embassy?
- The documents submitted at this Embassy for attestation must have been attested by the government authority producing the documents and then by the Department of Consular Services of Nepal.
- Copy of the documents to be attested and other supporting documents
- Duly filled in application form (provided by the Embassy) should be submitted to the Embassy specifying the need of such documents
5. Is NOC required for all Nepali nationals travelling third countries using Indian airports?
- NOC is required only for Nepali nationals travelling to Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Oman, Bahrain, Iraq, Libya and Lebanon using Indian airports.
6. Is NOC required for Nepali nationals travelling to Nepal from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Oman, Bahrain, Iraq, Libya and Lebanon using Indian airports?
- -No, NOC is only required for Nepali nationals travelling to these countries using Indian airports.
7. Which documents are required to get NOC for Nepali national travelling to Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Oman, Bahrain, Iraq, Libya and Lebanon?
Following documents should be submitted to the Embassy to get NOC:
- The traveller’s original passport and its copy,
- Visa copy of the country of destination and air ticket,
- Copy of Employment Permit issued by the Department of Foreign Employment of Nepal if applicant is traveling for employment purpose,
- Copies of travel history in case the applicant has previously travelled abroad other than India (visa, departure and arrival stamps etc.),
- Documents related to study, occupation etc if applicant is currently residing in India in connection with such study, occupation etc.
- An application with signature of the traveller mentioning genuine reason for travelling to aforementioned countries from India,
The Embassy may issue an NOC, as appropriate, upon receiving the above-mentioned documents along with the application.
- What is the procedure to get recommendation for Railway Ticket from the Embassy?
-The concerned person should submit two copies duly filled in tourist ticket application form (provided by the International Tourist Bureau, New Delhi Railway Station) at the Embassy with original passport/Nepali citizenship certificate and its copy.
9. Which papers are required to get recommendation letter from the Embassy for human organ (kidney, liver) transplant in India?
- A recommendation from concerned District Administration Office in favour of the patient undergoing transplant
- Relationship verification certificate between donor and recipient
- Recommendation from the Medical Board of Nepal
- No Objection Letter from the Ministry of Health and Population of Nepal
- Citizenship/passport copy of the donor and recipient
- Consent letter from the donor and recipient
- Photographs of the the donor and recipient
- Recommendation letter from the Department of Consular Services of Nepal
- An application for NOC.
- What is the procedure to apply for Nepali passport (MRP) from the Embassy?
-Firstly, the applicant should visit the Embassy with original Nepali citizenship certificate in order to verify it with concerned District Administration Office in Nepal (verification time depends on the response from the concerned DAO)
-When Embassy receives verification from the DAO, the applicant will be informed to approach the Embassy to apply for MRP passport with following documents:
- Duly filled in passport application form (2 copies)
- Four biometric photographs (45mm x 35mm)
- Current passport and its copy (if any)
- Original Nepali citizenship certificate and its copy
- Required fee
- Do Nepali nationals need Indian visa to visit India?
- -It has been informed that Nepali citizens entering India from the People’s Republic of China (including Macau and Hong Kong) and Pakistan must have Indian visa to enter India.
- Do Nepali nationals residing in India require NOC to travel to Nepal?
- No, Nepali nationals residing in India do not need NOC to travel to Nepal.
13. Which documents are required to renounce Nepali Citizenship?
- Dully filled in schedule form No. 9
- One passport size photograph
- Original citizenship certificate should be submitted in the Embassy
- An application by the concerned person
Time depends on the response of the concerned authority in Nepal.
- Which ID should be possessed by Nepali/Indian nationals to travel to India/Nepal by air?
- Nepali nationals should possess either passports or Nepali citizenship certificate to travel to India and Indian nationals should possess either passport or voter ID to travel to Nepal by air.