VISA TYPES: ( Issued by Embassy of Nepal )
Procedures for applying visa:
All the individuals intending to travel to Nepal need to submit online application for the visa in the portal of the Department of Nepal Immigration.
- For online application from Nepali Missions abroad, please go through the following link:https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/onlinevisa-mission/application
- For online application before arriving in Nepal from Nepal Immigration, please go through the following link: https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/online and online application after arriving in Nepal from Nepal Immigration, please go through the following link: https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/ and apply at the Visa-On Arrival section.
- The printed copy of the visa form generated online need to be submitted at the Embassy along with the hard copy of the passport and its photocopy, visa copy of India/copy of the relevant document.
- The required fee should be paid in local currency at the Embassy.
- After following the due procedures, the Embassy will issue the appropriate visa to the applicant. For tracking the status of the visa application, follow the link: https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/visa-application-track
- Please go through the following link for more information on Nepali tourist visa: https://in.nepalembassy.gov.np/visa/
- Please go through the following link for further information on Nepali immigration: https://www.immigration.gov.np/
- For any queries on the issues related to Nepali visa, please kindly contact the Consular Section of the Embassy at phone no. 01123476212, +232, +221.
TOURIST VISA FEE
|Multiple Entry||15 days||INR 2,500/-|
|Multiple Entry||30 days||INR 4,500/-|
|Multiple Entry||90 days||INR 10,500/-|
VISA FOR INDIAN NATIONALS:
Effective from 1st October 2000 an Indian citizen over the age of 10 years travelling between India and Nepal by air would have to keep in his possession any of the following documents to establish his/her identity as an Indian citizen.
- Valid Indian passport; or,
- Voter ID issued by the Government of India.
- Emergency certificate issued by the Embassy of India in Nepal.
VISA FOR OTHER NATIONALS:
Nationals of other countries can apply for visa at any of the Nepalese missions abroad. Visa can also be acquired from the points of entry into Nepal.
However, nationals of the following countries should get visa prior to their arrival in Nepal:
VISA FOR NATIONALS OF SAARC COUNTRIES:
Nationals from SAARC countries other than India will be issued gratis visa for up to 30 days for the first time in a year.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITED BY HOLDER OF REFUGEE TRAVAL DOCUMENT WHILE APPLYING NEPALESE VISA:
- Application with the following information:
- 1. Your nationality before getting Travel Document.
- 2. If you have been to Nepal as Refugee before, mention your refugee ID card Number.
- 3. If you are visiting Nepal to meet your relatives, please provide the following details:
- i. Name of relative
- ii. Address of relative
- iii. Nationality of your relative
- 4. As Refugee, for how long have you been in this country (mention year and month).
- Copy of the Travel Document.